A high percentage of landlords take fire safety for granted. Their lack of knowledge and training on matters pertaining to fire hazards is one of the reasons for the high house fire rate and loss of property and life. There are some disturbing statistics pertaining to fires in India:
➡️Approximately 25000 people die every year due to fire.
➡️Females account for 66% of fire-related deaths.
Installing the right fire safety equipment like fire extinguishers and having the proper training to use them can help save lives and damage to property. This article provides essential fire safety tips.
Top 10 Fire Safety Tips evacuation plan as well as plan on how to deal with the fire
- ➡️Prepare an emergency plan: Always have a plan of action ready in case of a fire.
- ➡️Invest in good equipment like smoke management systems, etc.
- ➡️It is vital that landlords as well as the staff or residents have the necessary training to operate fire safety equipment and handle all types of fires.
- ➡️Having a well-defined escape route in case of a fire can help save lives.
- ➡️Safety signs are the key to finding the fire fighting equipment, spotting the escape routes, and warning of potential hazards.
- ➡️Periodic fire drills can help the residents prepare in case of a fire.
- ➡️Ensure the fire equipment is in working order by testing it regularly.
- ➡️Check for fire hazards on a routine basis and all potential fire hazards.
- ➡️Always store items in the right manner to keep prevent fires
- ➡️A kitchen is a place where fire tends to occur. Take necessary fire persuasions while cooking and for the electrical equipment.
Main Causes of Fires
Some of the main causes of fires include cookers, heating equipment, candles, children, grills, and lack of fire prevention and knowledge on how to escape a fire.
ProtectorFireSafety is a leading distributor of personal protective equipment in Ahmedabad. We stock a wide range of fire fighting equipment for every type of fire and place. You can buy safety equipment as well as fire fighting equipment and safety signs from our eCommerce store online or visit us at our office for expert advice on matters of fire safety and prevention.
Fires tend to break out when you least expect them. It pays to be prepared and have the necessary equipment installed since this can help save lives and prevent damage to the property. ProtectorFireSafety has been around since 1993, providing all the necessary equipment and signs to deal with issues related to fire. Contact us for an expert consultation or buy the appropriate equipment from our online store to stay safe.